E75: How Soon is Now? The Global Climate Crisis Through the Lens of Initiation, Relationships and Psychedelics w/ Daniel Pinchbeck
Daniel Pinchbeck, the author of the New York Times Bestseller, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl and co-founder of Reality Sandwich joins Dr. Kelly to discuss his latest book, How Soon is Now? Eight years in the making, the book offers a fresh approach to our current mega-crisis, positing that humanity has self-willed it in order to bring about the next stage of our evolution. In typical fashion, Pinchbeck offers a wide-ranging exploration of the issues, including the roles that psychedelics and sexuality will play in the coming shift.
In this discussion, we pay particular focus to:
- the impending urgency of the climate crisis
- what it really means to “wake UP”
- how indigenous traditions and tribal initiation rites (including psychedelics) can help us understand & solve the crisis
- how Sex and relationships factor into the shift
- whether humanity can rise to the occasion
- changes we can make on both macro and micro levels
Daniels interests range from the transformation of global currencies and sustainable farming to tribal initiation rites. His fans know him best as one of the few who foresaw the rise in interest in Ayahuasca, Iboga, and DMT more than a decade ago—a topic he wrote about in his 2002 book, Breaking Open the Head. His 2006 book, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl, delved into the crop circle phenomenon, among other esoteric topics.